Monday, May 17, 2004
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Where Are You?

A Scooby Doo wish-fulfillment fantasy.

By .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) ::: philms ::: (6) Comments ::: Read the whole thing

Comments

If you are going to use the completley craptastic remake of TCM, then please replace the classic poster with one from the lame ass and utterly useless 2003 version.
Respect the classics, please.
You suckered me into reading…correction…starting to read this article.
Weak.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 19 May 04 at 07:11 PM

Dude, it was a good article. Who cares what pic he used? The real message is not the picture, but the article itself.
Mega Weak.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 20 May 04 at 05:07 PM

I always thought Velma was sexier. Gotta love a smart girl in glasses. ;)

Posted by The Other Joey on 20 May 04 at 06:41 PM

I understand that the Metaphilm creates tha graphics and not the author.  And they should use a movie poster from the actual movie that is being discussed.  The original TCM is my favorite movie ever.  Metaphilm is guilty of the old “bait and switch”.  Like I said, its all about respecting the classics, something the author does, but the bonehead who chose the graphics doesn’t.  Its bad enough that they called the 2003 film TCM, even though the only similarities is Texas and a chainsaw.  Leatherface is pissed because of a skin condition?
That’s some funny shit right there.
You ask who cares what pic is used?  Obviously I did, Dude.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 21 May 04 at 12:28 PM

Ichi1—Representing the “graphics” department, I confess that I found the pictures, and we used them because we could not find stills from the original TCM and the original Scooby-Doo series that made the visual comparison so well—but IF YOU happen to have some scanned in to your hard drive, and are willing to share, we’d be eager to repost and/or replace them—but we went ahead with it on the assumption that our readers were smart enough to see the interpretive similarities between the original Scooby-Doo and the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre by seeing visual comparisons of their respective remakes.  With all due respect, it’s not a question of “respecting the classics,” but a question of respecting our readers’ intelligence.  Your post suggests we might want to question that basic assumption.  It isn’t a “bait and switch”—it’s an author sending in a great piece, and us spending half a day looking for pictures, and then posting the best we can find.  Sorry to disappoint you, but we’re always open to better graphics if you can supply them.

Posted by publisher on 21 May 04 at 12:43 PM

WTF.  You aholes who think the article is weak must be the geeks who sat behind me in HS Geometry after lunch.  Always looking but never touching… no balls, sense or clever lines of your own!  Genius article - original and twisted; just the way i like ‘em!  can i get your number?

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 18 Jun 06 at 11:57 PM