Sunday, May 01, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Pearls Before Swine

An action-adventure movie based on a kids ride at a theme park is hiding a real national treasure.

Comments

I believe this just may be the most brilliant film commentary I’ve ever read.

Maybe. But definitely up there.

Posted by Michelle Tackabery on 02 May 11 at 10:13 AM

Fascinating!

Posted by Ben Robertson on 02 May 11 at 08:58 PM

Brilliant analysis, would never in a million years have made the connections (proving the point of the article).  The Maritime Salvage part was absolute genius!!!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 06 May 11 at 02:35 PM

I’d much rather read your interpretation than see the movie. Now, back to counting my silver pieces ...

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 17 May 11 at 03:50 PM

It’s a dangerous article that could land one in the cons- institution, Mr. Snodgrass. I enjoyed it like the pursuit of happiness, but I question the timing, coming just before the 4th film fiesta. A little paid promotion perhaps? I can smell an inside job like a fish wrapped in a Rizla.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 18 May 11 at 04:06 AM

My thanks to each of you for taking the time to express your appreciation. It encourages me to finish my article on Pirates 2.

Rusty, you are correct that the timing is deliberate, but the reason is the reverse of what you suspect. I have no inside track, but was hoping that all the publicity surrounding the release of Pirates 4 would get this article a little extra notice, seeing as how it is the only one on the planet that discusses a hidden meaning behind the series.

Alas, no such luck, and today is the release date.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 20 May 11 at 09:35 AM

Oh man, I gotta read more legal treatises.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 25 May 11 at 04:39 PM

With all the legalese and dubloon plundering acting behind the scenes of the first movie I wonder if we’ll find a topical and thinly veiled Bernie Madoff pirate in the fourth…

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 26 May 11 at 02:21 PM

Just genius, what connections. I could read the book.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 03 Nov 11 at 02:20 PM

It is all very good except it directly contradicts what Disney tends to do in all its messaging, which is to uphold the status quo of the power elite over the masses. Did the producers really sneak this past Disney? Hard to imagine either way.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 26 Nov 11 at 01:17 PM

Dear Snodgrass,
Have you completed interpreting other movies in this franchise? I think these movies are masterpieces with lots of wisdoms embeded, hopefully your brilliant mind can decode them to enlighten us. Thank you!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 11 Jul 12 at 01:50 PM

I found your article after researching if there was a hidden meaning for this franchise.  I haven’t stopped thinking about the true meaning in the matrix and I was watching the number two movie today and heard a lot of symbolic and hidden phrases.  This word play can be better understood if one reads Jordan Maxwell.  Great stuff and please continue!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 02 Nov 14 at 01:55 AM